MSc in Mathematics, specialization: Mathematical Methods in Computer Science - course in English
The aim of the postgraduate programme is to provide students with a firm and comprehensive knowledge in mathematics, which will enable them to continue their education at the doctoral level or to work as mathematicians in professions requiring the application of mathematical tools for computing.
On completion of the program, the graduate:
- has an advanced knowledge of mathematics and its applications,
- possesses the ability to reason mathematically and is able to verify mathematical hypotheses,
- is able to present mathematical concepts in speaking and in writing,
- is able to build, develop and apply mathematical models,
- can use advanced IT tools to solve theoretical and practical mathematical problems,
- is able to deepen his knowledge of current research in mathematics and informatics,
- is ready to embark on doctoral studies.
Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
ul. Bankowa 14, 40-007 Katowice