- University Television – TV UŚ is an internet television of the University of Silesia. Their aim is provide the students with the information, knowledge, but also amusement through the internet. The editorial board comprises mainly of students giving them an opportunity to develop their journalist and TV production skills.
- Suplement - Student Magazine - Through the years „Suplement” magazine has become an integral part of the student community at the University of Silesia by supporting them with reliable information on culture and current events, raising important topics and providing inspiration for their own scientific, artistic and professional activities.
- Student Radio „Egida” - Egida Radio is the oldest campus radio station in Poland. With almost 50 years of tradition (established in 1969), the radio currently focuses on promoting the students’ culture through programs on literature, music and many more.
- University Gazette (Gazeta Uniwersytecka UŚ) - Being issued since1992, the magazine is addressed to academic staff, researchers and students. The magazine is created by the permanent editorial staff, but numerous contributions were made over the time by students, postgraduates and academics.
- Excursion [Ekskursja] - science blog presenting latest scientific discoveries made by University of Silesia employees and doctoral candidates;
- Station: Science [Przystanek Nauka] - website launched in 2015. The site presents information on research carried out by academics from the University of Silesia, as well as on scientific achievements of the University's students, doctoral candidates and employees. There are also science tidbits, expert commentaries, films, e-lectures, and descriptions of interesting projects. The portal also makes it possible for users to create and write their own science blogs;
- Science Through the Lens [Nauka w obiektywie] - since 2006, the University of Silesia has organised a Photo Biennial. The idea behind the event is to present the beauty of science, captured by the eye of the camera;
- Science Festival [Festiwal Nauki] - the largest science event in the region organised by students. The event has Silesia-based higher education institutions go beyond their walls to promote science;
- Night of Biologists [Noc Biologów] - a Poland-wide action involving faculties of natural sciences from all over Poland, including the University of Silesia's Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection.
- International Student Folk Festival [Międzynarodowy Studencki Festiwal Folklorystyczny]