Archive page.

New webpage is available here:


What are the steps I should follow to apply to your university?
In general the procedures are following: you have to register in the Online Application System, provide personal data, and choose the programme you are interested to apply for.
Then you will have to submit required documents and pay registration fee. Find the detailed description of procedures here.

What are my steps after I am accepted for studies?
After you are accepted for studies, please follow these steps.

What programmes can I study?
You will find our offer on our website and in the catalog of programmes.

What is the registration fee?
The registration fee per programme is 80 PLN for the candidates applying on the same rules as Polish and 150 PLN for foreign students. It has to be paid in order to take part in the admission process. Your candidacy will be considered only after the payment is received.

How much will I pay for one semester?
The tuition fee varies from 800 euros to about 2,500 euros per semester, depending on the programme you wish to study. The height of the tuition for each programme individually can be found on the programme's site in our online Catalog.

Do you offer courses of Polish?
Yes - the School of Polish Language and Culture of the University of Silesia offers a broad range of such courses for students on all levels of language proficiency.

How about preparatory courses of English?
Unfortunately we do not have preparatory courses of English in our offer. The market for such courses seems already saturated in Poland.

Do you offer dormitories?
Yes. Learn more here.

What are the dates of admissions?
The admissions open in June -July. If there are still some places left on the programme, the addidional registration round may be opened. Additional rounds usually last till September. The dates and deadlines for each programme can be found in the Online Application System catalogue.

When does the academic year start/end?
The academic year starts on 1st October and lasts to 30th June. In september the make-up exam session for summer semester takes place.

How do you help me in getting visa for studies?
After you are accepted for studies we will upload the scan of your acceptance letter to your Online Application System account. You can make use of it during the visa affixation process.

Does your university offer scholarships for foreign students?
There is a number of sholarships for which foreign candidates may want to apply. Feel free to look through the list of such programs. If you study on the same rules as Polish citizens you may also apply for social or educational scholarships.

Moreover, each year we offer certain ammount of places free of tuition fee


Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej
Copyright © 2001-2023
Uniwersytet Śląski w Katowicach
Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone.